Record Master: Sachin Tendulkar the God of Cricket
He was first introduced to cricket in 1984 by Sachin’s older brother, Ajit, who had seen his cricketing talent. He brought Sachin Tendulkar to the Shivaji Park, Dadar, Mumbai campus of the Ramakant Achrekar Academy. Sachin pleased him, so he suggested he transfer to Dadar’s Sharadashram Vidyamandir English High School. To enroll in the school, Sachin travelled to his aunt’s house in Dadar, which was closer to the institution. His coach Ramakant Achrekar efforts and direction helped to shape his career.
Sachin Tendulkar: Awards and Recognition
* Arjuna Award — 1994
* Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award — 1997–1998
* Wisden “Cricketer of the Year” — 1997
* Padma Shri — 1999
* Maharashtra Bhushan Award — 2001
* “Player of the Tournament” in the Cricket World Cup — 2003
* ICC World ODI XI — 2004 and 2007
* “Rajiv Gandhi Award” in the sports category — 2005
* Padma Vibhushan — 2008
* “Cricketer of the Year” in the ICC Award — 2010
* The Asian Awards for the “People’s Choice” as well as the “Exceptional Achievement in Sports” — 2010 in London
* “BCCI Cricketer of the Year” Award — 31 May, 2011
* The “Castrol Indian Cricketer of the Year” Award — 28 January, 2011
* Wisden India Outstanding Achievement Award — 11 June, 2012
* Honorary Member of the Order of Australia by the Australian government — 6 November, 2012
* Bharat Ratna — 2014
* First brand Ambassador of UNICEF for South Asia — 28th November, 2013.
* “Most Influential People in the World” — Time 100 list
ODI — Format Records
* The highest number of centuries (49) and fifties (96)
* Most centuries in a calendar year (9 in 1998)
* Most fours scored in the career (2016 times)
* Most stadium appearances (90 grounds)
* First-person to score a double century
* Most 150+ scores
* Most Man of the Match awards (62)
* Most Man of the Series awards (15)
* The highest number of centuries (51)
* Leading run-scorer (11,953)
* Joint-fastest cricketer to reach 10,000 runs in Test cricket with Brian Lara
* 1000+ Test runs in calendar years (6 times — 1997, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2008, 2010)
* Only player in the world to have scored 5 Test centuries before turning 20.
Why Sachin is Called/Known as the God of Cricket
When the bowlers sledge him, Sachin Tendulkar always maintains his composure in the field and typically responds with the bat. As players would fight whenever they got sledged in those days, this made him well-liked.
Sachin Tendulkar braked numerous cricket records with both bat and ball, in addition to his attitude and determination. Sachin Tendulkar is known as the God of Cricket thanks to his unrivalled stats.
As soon as Sachin Tendulkar began to shatter all cricket records and made waves in the books, everyone began to hail him as the “God of Cricket.”
Sachin Tendulkar eventually earned the nicknames “Master Blaster” and “Little Master” in addition to being known as the cricket god. Sachin Tendulkar has been dubbed the “Bradman of the present era” by the legend himself Brian Lara.